Sunday 13 November 2011

Secret Cake Project I - the Summer Wedding!

I offered to make a wedding cake for a relative as a wedding present - the wedding was to be very home-made and out of doors, with camping and all sorts of help and contributions from friends and family which all became part of the celebrations!
However, I offered and the bride to be knew exactly what she wanted... which was this:
with apologies to whoever's photoshoot this is from - I was emailed it and I don't have the details and I don't know enough about fashion to know which designer it is... I will be happy to add credits if someone gives me the information!

So... never one to be phased I got to work and did some planning and calculating!  I'll spare you the test shots, and just got to the main event...

I even felt inspired to make bride and groom ginger people!

But the main event was all about the cupcakes:
Rose flavoured ones...



















Red velvet ones...

















Black bottomed ones with Oreos...
 

Triple chocolate ones with M&Ms cunningly used to make Es and Ws...

 

Lemon drizzle ones...
 







Coca cola ones (which I am NEVER making again as the cola syrup does funny things to the texture or the icing!)...
 






Earl grey flavoured ones (arranged in vintage cups and saucers!)...
 


The gingerbread bride and grooms...


A rare picture of me during the entire day that it took me to ice, decorate and bag all of the cakes!




And NOW!!!!.... CAKES IN A TREE!!!



No comments: