Wednesday 2 December 2009

Of course there were cupcakes!

I made the red velvet chocolate cupcakes that I made for my godmother's 40th wedding anniversary (these look like milk chocolate on the photos and have the small marbled chocolate squares on the top, as previously they are iced with a cream cheese icing.  The dark chocolate cupcakes are a really interesting vegan recipe from my lovely new cake book.  The recipe had no eggs or butter, but instead used vegetable oil (which, just like making carrot cake still freaks me out to pour into a bowl in quantity in a way that I just never feel when putting in half a pound of good hard fat...), and cherry balsamic vinegar.  This was a new venture for me and they came out very well - they also pleased those of my friends who were dairy intolerant too!  These were both large muffin-sized cupcakes which also rose quite amazingly and so appeared to have the general huge-ness of the sort of pre-wrapped muffins you sometimes find in shops which was bizarre.

No comments: