Wednesday 2 December 2009

The mother of all French Fancies...


This cake started life as a rashly made promise at a meeting - the conversation had somehow drifted onto the fact that Mr K apparently makes pink fondant fancy available in a large size at a big named supermarket near you.  I then said 'it's my birthday soon - I'll make one', while thinking how hard can it be!  The picture doesn't do the size of the cake justice - it was HUGE - I had to take it to work in a plastic crate thing as I didn't have a cake box large enough, still, it amused my bus driver and the lady sitting opposite me.  The cake itself is 2 layers of the ultra reliable BERO rich chocolate cake mixture which I sandwiched together AND iced with (shock) ready made chocolate fudge icing - as I just couldn't cope with the thought of making such a large batch of butter cream! The 'bump' was another layer of cake that I made by baking it in a bowl to get the right shape, which was then stuck on with the icing...  I then added the finishing black decoration with a writing icing pen.
The cake went down very well and very quickly with colleagues - I would say it was and ex**dingly good cake, but that would probably infringe some copyright somewhere and I don't want to be sued...

No comments: