Friday 17 February 2012

Cupcake party...

I did a cupcake class for a Girl Guide unit a while ago - I took the cupcakes and all of the icing and the decorations and helped the girls to decorate some cupcakes that they then got to take home.  This had gone down very well and it just so happened that the daughter of one of my friends was part of this group.  So, when my the birthday of my friends daughter was approaching she had said to my friend 'maybe you could make some cakes just like Mrs Cupcake and we could do that for the activity at my party!' - my friend was not so keen! and so asked me if I would do it - I said I would be delighted and it would save me having to think about what to do for a gift!
So - I was prepared for a session at their house with a group of 13 year old girls, plus the siblings of the birthday girl - I went armed with cakes and icing and things to sprinkle and decorate with.  I decorated a couple to show the sort of thing that could be done, but everyone had a very creative time and made some fabulous cakes!

















No comments: