Friday 15 October 2010

Some cakes...

Here are some I have made this week.  First of all, some cupcakes for a birthday cake for my friends 4 year old who was in the area visiting at the time of his birthday.

After this I had to try a recipe for a Nigel Slater apple and marmalade cake that I was given by a friend - it was lovely... so lovely that I forgot to take a picture of the cake before we had sampled it and shared it with other people - hence the photo of rather less than a whole cake...

And... in a bid to make up for lost time (!) and to say thank you to some friends for a whole load of baby stuff that they gave us, I also made a chocolate cake.  This was my trusty bero recipe rich chocolate cake, which I iced with the chocolate frosting recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook.  The photo below is of cake to exactly the same recipe and iced with the icing that I made, but made by my mum, as I forgot to take a picture of the one that I made and we have always made some cakes to the same recipes... and again, I had forgotten to take a photo before dashing out with the cake (and helping to eat it).

No comments: