Thursday 21 October 2010

I've been playing with my new toys!

As posted previously I went wild and bought some new cupcake adoring ephemera...
Here are my first experiments with what I bought.  Everything is white as I didn't want to buy or dye icing just for having a play - although I do think there is something quite sleek about the plain white...
First of all, the plain domed cupcake - this is fondant icing over the top of buttercream icing - a la small things iced.











Next, the plained domed cupcake with a cut out butterfly.











Then I tried out the fondant imprinting sheets to see how they worked - first the stars, and then the butterflies, and I was very pleased with the effect!
 

 

Then I did some cupcakes iced Hummingbird Bakery stylee and topped with a flower (from my flowers cutter) and with pink chocolate roses made in my new chocolate rose mold! (the chocolate was white choc which I dyed with food colouring).

 


No comments: