Sunday 8 May 2011

Cupcake no.2 Christening - everything's gone pink!

Inspired by the very beautiful cake I had seen by the Hummingbird Bakery which was similar to this one:
DA487AE3-D95E-4D7C-8057EB8B52FA5ED9.jpg
(http://hummingbirdbakery.com/cakes/cakes-by-consultation/)


although the original one that I saw had yellow icing and butterflies.  I decided that this was what I wanted to do for the christening cake...


I bought a set of butterfly patchwork cutters from the cake shop, some flower paste and a roller and set about cutting butterflies, and cutting butterflies and cutting butterflies... I must have cut about 500 butterflies in 3 different sizes.  As I planned to make the formal cake and around 100 matching cupcakes...


The butterflies needed to dry and the casualty rate was high..
 So... I made the first cake:




and decided it was way, way, way to fragile to move to the church!!!
So I made cake no.2:

 







and then I made over 100 matching cupcakes!



100 cupcakes with icing!





 





No comments: