Sunday 27 September 2009

Macaroons


These were made to remind me of a friends wedding from last year (and bizarrely I made them on the day of their Wedding Anniversary - although it's a shame they lived too far away to share...). However, they had a large pyramid of the very stylish macaroons from the creme de la creme of macaroon patissiers, Laduree. We had to leave before the pyramid was dis-assembled, however, this gave us the perfect excuse for breakfast and macaroons (and a host of other purchases) in the Laduree concession at the well known large department store in Knightsbridge.


These ones were shared between friends who we went to for dinner, ourselves and my parents. The macaroons were plain almond, but filled with a mixture of double cream and raspberry jam, and I although they were delicious, next time I have a hankering to mix some drops of rosewater in with the mix...

1 comment:

HannahRowan said...

I can definitely vouch for the deliciousness of these macaroons, never tasted macaroons as yummy as these! The lightness of them yet depth of flavour was amazing. Thank you for sharing them with us! Hannah